At a meeting of the Home Nations in June 2018 it was agreed that for the foreseeable future there will be both an Indoor and Outdoor International Series every year with each country taking it in turns to host.
It was also agreed that in line with the World IBD Championships and Commonwealth Games and as a means of providing a ranking list to be used by those respective organising bodies, each country for the Home Nations International Series may enter:-
2 Physically Disabled Open Triples (each to include a B6)
2 Mixed Visually Impaired Pairs – B2/B3
Selection for the Indoor Internationals in March 2019 will be conducted as follows:-
- Players & VI Directors wishing to be considered will complete and submit a nomination form by 5th November 2018
- A number of players & directors will be invited to attend trials at Solihull IBC on 2nd December 2018
- The squad will be selected after the trials and represent DBE at the 2019 Home Nations Championships at Glasgow Indoor BC on 29th/30th/31st March 2019.
It is a condition of your nomination that:-
- You play at a Club based in England and a member of Disability Bowls England.
- You hold a formal Physical or Visual Impairment Classification.
- Your bowls are in date and stamped with the current World Bowls Stamp.
- If you are Visually Impaired and require a director, that you accept a director selected by the Disability Bowls England’s Selection Committee.
- You make a note of trial date and attend if invited.
- If selected to the final squad you agree to travel to Glasgow on Thursday 28th March 2019 and return at your own expense.
(DBE will book and pay accommodation for the players & directors)
- You are prepared to share with a member of the team, or if you have a full/part time Carer, that person attends and stays with you at their expense.
- Note that travel insurance, if required, is at your own expense.
- You complete and submit the nomination form by 5th November 2018 & if selected for trial a medical form when requested.
The selection committee will consider all nominations received, inform those selected and publish the trial list and selected squad on the web site at the earliest opportunity.
Entry Form closing date 5th November 2018: International Series 2019.doc