Ambassador is an important part of any organisation and as Disability Bowls England grows, enthusiastic ambassadors in local areas will play a big part in raising awareness and moving the sport forward..
- Promote DBE in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Attend local “Try Bowls”, “Open Days” “Matches & Competitions”
- Get to know local clubs,distribute posters & infornation
- Find out what open comps events are being held locally
- Encourage clubs to host a match for local members (could be as small as 2 triples)
- Provide Development Officer with reports & photos for website/facebook/twitter
- Share Facebook & Twitter postings
- Look Out for opportunities to raise awareness and encourage local people/businesses to sponsor events
- look for 5k/10k runs,swims or walks etc…for a “Disability Bowls Buddy” to enter and raise fu nds
The new board at Disability Bowls England seeks volunteers ambassadors in all areas of England to become the face of the association at club/county level.
Ambassadors will have the support of the Development Officers and Although this is a volunteer role,travel expenses may be paid subject to prior approval.
If you are interested in taking up this exciting challenge, please contact Mo Monkton @ firstname.lastname@example.org for further details…