DBE vs Somerset County Juniors
The match against Somerset Juniors at Taunton Deain IBC on Saturday 8th December 2018 included 5 new members and although everyone played well, the Juniors were just a little more consistant and won the match overall. Continue reading “DBE vs Somerset County Juniors”
4 new caps selected to represent Disability Bowls England at the Home Nations Championships which take place at Glasgow IBC over the weekend 22nd-24th March 2019
HN Team Glasgow March 2019
Our fantastic Maggie Smith aided by hubby Colin arranged for 59 DBE & Gedling bowlers, family, friends and helpers to invade Potters November 26th to 30th. Continue reading “Success at Potters”
NEW FOR MARCH 2019 “DISABILITY BOWLS ENGLAND INTER CLUB TRIPLES COMPETITION”
The Competition is on 30th March 2019 at 5 different venues. Entry is free and limited to 8 teams at each venue. Follow the link for the entry form and rules.
DBE Inter Club Triples
Teams accepted on a first come basis, so act now.
DISABILITY BOWLS ENGLAND – NEW AMBASSADORS APPOINTED
Disability Bowls England is proud to announce that 6 new Ambassadors have signed up to help develop bowls for people with disabilities. Continue reading “DISABILITY BOWLS ENGLAND – NEW AMBASSADORS APPOINTED”
REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT DAY
The first regional development day was held at Church Gresley IBC on Sun 4th Nov and hailed as a great success. Continue reading “Regional Development Day – Church Gresley”
At a meeting of the Home Nations in June 2018 it was agreed that for the foreseeable future there will be both an Indoor and Outdoor International Series every year with each country taking it in turns to host.
It was also agreed that in line with the World IBD Championships and Commonwealth Games and as a means of providing a ranking list to be used by those respective organising bodies, each country for the Home Nations International Series may enter:-
2 Physically Disabled Open Triples (each to include a B6)
2 Mixed Visually Impaired Pairs – B2/B3
DBE will enter a full squad consisting 2 PD Triples + 2 Mixed VI Pairs in the March 2019 Indoor Event.
Selection for the Indoor Internationals in March 2019 will be conducted as follows:-
- Players & VI Directors wishing to be considered will complete and submit a nomination form by 5th November 2018
- A number of players & directors will be invited to attend trials at Solihull IBC on 2nd December 2018
- The squad will be selected after the trials and represent DBE at the 2019 Home Nations Championships at Glasgow Indoor BC on 29th/30th/31st March 2019.
It is a condition of your nomination that:-
- You play at a Club based in England and a member of Disability Bowls England.
- You hold a formal Physical or Visual Impairment Classification.
- Your bowls are in date and stamped with the current World Bowls Stamp.
- If you are Visually Impaired and require a director, that you accept a director selected by the Disability Bowls England’s Selection Committee.
- You make a note of trial date and attend if invited.
- If selected to the final squad you agree to travel to Glasgow on Thursday 28th March 2019 and return at your own expense.
(DBE will book and pay accommodation for the players & directors)
- You are prepared to share with a member of the team, or if you have a full/part time Carer, that person attends and stays with you at their expense.
- Note that travel insurance, if required, is at your own expense.
- You complete and submit the nomination form by 5th November 2018 & if selected for trial a medical form when requested.
The selection committee will consider all nominations received, inform those selected and publish the trial list and selected squad on the web site at the earliest opportunity.
Entry Form closing date 5th November 2018: International Series 2019.doc
International Series 2019.pdf
DBE Annual Presentation – 2018
Nearly 80 bowlers and friends congregated at Solihull IBC for the DBE Annual Presentation. Continue reading “DBE Annual Presentation – 2018”