The Bowls Disability Mark has been developed to recognise and reward those affiliated bowls clubs who are fully inclusive and welcoming to those people who wish to bowl who have a form of disability. It can help clubs follow the right steps towards becoming a fully inclusive club.
What are the other benefits associated with such a status?
- Increasing the profile of the club, which can lead to more new members joining.
- Increased club membership – the Bowls Disability Mark provides the information and confidence disabled bowlers require before they make the decision to join the club. Indirectly, they can bring non-disabled bowlers with them.
- Significantly more likely for the club’s facilities to be hired by groups and organisations who work with disabled people.
- Priority given for hosting Disability Bowls England competitions.
- It is an important factor taken into consideration by funders, sponsors and potential partners when such organisations are making decisions whether to fund, sponsor or work with the club.
The Bowls Disability Mark Club Pack is available for more information.
If your club would like to be considered for the Bowls Disability Mark then please email
- Lee Smith:firstname.lastname@example.org (North of England)
- or Mo Monkton:email@example.com (South of England)
- or contact us.
for information on the next steps.