Disability Bowls England aim is to be the governing and co-coordinating body of Bowls for athletes and players of all ages and abilities with a physical, sensory or learning disability.
DBE has the vision of developing opportunities and improving performance in disability bowls players with a physical, sensory or learning disability in England and contributing to UK and international initiatives.
DBE is currently working with its key partners to establish a national strategy which will direct the work of the Association through to 2017 and beyond.
DBE lists its major partners as Bowls England, English indoor Bowling Association, Bowls Development Alliance and Local Authorities plus voluntary organisations concerned with disability.
To enable us to do this we intend to carry out the following:-
- Create a one stop website and contact framework, so any one making enquiries or looking to start playing bowls has a sole entry point. Be able to access information, what equipment they need, where they can play etc. Links on website to all other major partners
- Create links with the current Bowls clubs in both indoor and outdoor disciplines, identifying and developing regional hubs of excellence, enabling us to signpost people in the right directions.
- We intend to offer membership to individuals, clubs and other organisations which will enable them to receive newsletters, information regarding all areas of disability bowls, equipment required, events coming up etc. Also sit on members’ forum to discuss disability bowls.
- Also aim to establish further links with existing clubs by creating potential local disabilities groups and clubs which will form branches of Disability Bowls England.
- Run programme of events on a regional basis using the above links with clubs, and on a national basis in both indoor and outdoor disciplines. The events will range from training sessions using trained coaches, fun sessions, or competition. We will also be looking to develop international events which go along side existing events. Part of this will be developing a talent pathway, to enable everyone to choose a level in which they can play at, whether that just be for fun recreation or to represent England.