Disability Bowls England’s (DBE) aim is to be the co-coordinating body of Bowls for athletes and players of all ages and abilities with a physical, sensory or learning (Intellectual) disability.
DBE has the vision of developing opportunities and improving performance in disability bowls players with a physical, sensory or learning (Intellectual) disability in England and contributing to UK and International initiatives.
DBE endeavour to work in partnership with Sport England, Bowls England, English indoor Bowling Association, Bowls Development Alliance, Activity Alliance, Local Authorities and voluntary organisations concerned with disability.
DBE to work in partnership with the Sport’s National Governing Bodies (NGB’S) for total inclusivity at all levels of bowls including social, club, county, national, International, Commonwealth and World Bowls Events.
DBE will work in partnership with Disability Equipment suppliers to ensure our members can purchase equipment with confidence.
To enable us to do this we intend to carry out the following: –
- Create a contact framework to ensure that anyone making enquiries or looking to start playing bowls has a sole entry point, be able to access information, find out about the equipment they may need, establish where they can play and how to receive coaching.
- Create links with indoor & outdoor bowling clubs and develop regional hubs of excellence. Encourage clubs to become fully inclusive and to include disability information on their web sites which will help signpost people to their nearest accessible club.
- Open our membership to individuals, clubs & other organisations and provide information regarding all areas of disability bowls, equipment required, details of upcoming events and articles of interest in the regular newsletter. We encourage views from the members which are passed to the working group forum for discussion and action.
- Run a programme of events using member clubs on a local, regional, and national basis in both the indoor and outdoor disciplines. The events will range from fun & taster sessions, training & coaching sessions using trained coaches, competitions, volunteer training and social events.
- To develop international events which run alongside existing events. Part of this will be to develop a talent pathway enabling everyone a choice of level to which they can aim to play; whether that is for fun and recreation or to represent England.