DISABILITY BOWLS ENGLAND – NEW AMBASSADORS APPOINTED
Disability Bowls England is proud to announce that 6 new Ambassadors have signed up to help develop bowls for people with disabilities.
Bob Love, DBE’s first Ambassador will lead the team of new recruits who will make up a team to cover the South and promote the sport.
The Ambassadors with encourage participation, work with clubs & sponsors and generally promote and support the work of Disability Bowls England.
Each person brings their own set of skills and working together will help raise awareness and opportunities for Disability Bowls England.
BOB LOVE, MIDLANDS
- Lead Ambassador
- Classified Player, competed at World/Commonwealth Games/Paralympics
- On DBE Board of Directors
BOB HENSTRIDGE, Sussex
- Unclassified DBE player
- Volunteer and represented DBE at “Try Bowls” events in Sussex
KAREN STOKES, Bedfordshire
- Volunteer with DBE and other organisations
- Family all involved with bowls
MIKE BIRCH, Devon
- Classified DBE player
- Devon County 2018 outdoor President
- EIBA Director
SUE WHITE, Northamptonshire
- Runs section & competitions for players with disability
MARK WHERRY, Cornwall
- County U25 Player
- Director for players with a visual impairment
- Directed at 2018 Commonwealth Games
SHIRLEY CLARKE, Surrey
- Umpire & Coach
- Umpired at Bowls England National Championships
- Ran DBE Regional Singles play off